1 hr 10 mins
Jen in Victoria, BC's Note:
Delicious and easy recipe that does not contain sour cream or cream. From kingarthurflour.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 6 inch springform pan (or 9 inch pan for a shorter cheesecake).
- 2Make the crust by stirring together all of the crust ingredients, mixing till thoroughly combined.
- 3Gently press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- 4Using a mixer set at low-medium speed, whip cream cheese until fluffy, then slowly add remaining ingredients. Continue to beat until creamy and uniform.
- 5Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan in foil and place in a larger pan with sides. Fill the outer pan with water halfway up. This will help prevent cracking in the cheesecake.
- 6Pour the filling in the pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. The center of the cake should still be a little wobbly.
- 7Leave the pan in the oven, turn off the heat and open the oven door slightly. Allow the cake to cool in the oven, about 30 minutes.
- 8Cover cake tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge a good 8 hours before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Cheesecake (6 Inch)
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.0
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 397.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g