Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious and easy recipe that does not contain sour cream or cream. From kingarthurflour.com.
Make and share this New York Cheesecake (6 Inch) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 6 inch springform pan (or 9 inch pan for a shorter cheesecake).
- Make the crust by stirring together all of the crust ingredients, mixing till thoroughly combined.
- Gently press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Using a mixer set at low-medium speed, whip cream cheese until fluffy, then slowly add remaining ingredients. Continue to beat until creamy and uniform.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan in foil and place in a larger pan with sides. Fill the outer pan with water halfway up. This will help prevent cracking in the cheesecake.
- Pour the filling in the pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. The center of the cake should still be a little wobbly.
- Leave the pan in the oven, turn off the heat and open the oven door slightly. Allow the cake to cool in the oven, about 30 minutes.
- Cover cake tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge a good 8 hours before slicing.