Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
This is the combination of two separate recipes I had been playing with until I found what I liked. NEVER any leftovers..
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use macadamia)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, nuts and cinnamon with melted butter.
- Press on bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven, let cool.
- Increase oven temp to 475.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 T. flour, 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix completely. Add Almond extract.
- Add cream and mix just enough to blend.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 200 and bake for one hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cake in oven for another hour.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, place in refrigerator overnite.
- Top with fruit if desired.
- Note: I find that setting a bowl/pan of water on the bottom rack while baking helps prevent cracking. NOT everytime, but usually! That's with any cheesecake, not just this one.
Fantastic recipe! I've made this cheesecake several times and it never fails to impress all who try it! Tastes delicious with fresh strawberries or a rasberry sauce on top! I found that cooking it on 200 for 2 and 1/2 hours then leaving in the oven for 1 hour after makes the bake less gooey in the middle, and I substituted vanilla extract for almond.
With all the positive reviews I was expecting something better. The crust was delicious, but the flavor of the cheesecake was just ok. In my opinion the almond extract was too much. Probably will not make again.
I have a friend who comes from a family of professional bakers and she makes the best cheesecake in the world BUT she won't give out the recipe. I have been on a long quest to find one as good. My search is over! This cheesecake was amazing - beautiful looking and very creamy. My friend was at the party where I served it and she was green with envy!!! Even though I cooked it with the pan of water, the top still cracked so I made a thin raspberry glaze that looked beautiful and covered the "defect." Also, the macadamia nuts added a special something to the crust. People couldn't figure out what it was but they loved it! I have thrown away every other cheesecake recipe I have and will be making this one FOREVER!!! Thanks so much for a delicious recipe.