Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
This is the combination of two separate recipes I had been playing with until I found what I liked. NEVER any leftovers..
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use macadamia)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, nuts and cinnamon with melted butter.
- Press on bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven, let cool.
- Increase oven temp to 475.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 T. flour, 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix completely. Add Almond extract.
- Add cream and mix just enough to blend.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 200 and bake for one hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cake in oven for another hour.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, place in refrigerator overnite.
- Top with fruit if desired.
- Note: I find that setting a bowl/pan of water on the bottom rack while baking helps prevent cracking. NOT everytime, but usually! That's with any cheesecake, not just this one.
Fantastic recipe! I've made this cheesecake several times and it never fails to impress all who try it! Tastes delicious with fresh strawberries or a rasberry sauce on top! I found that cooking it on 200 for 2 and 1/2 hours then leaving in the oven for 1 hour after makes the bake less gooey in the middle, and I substituted vanilla extract for almond.
I followed this recipe exactly, except I used chopped pecans as the crust. When I cut into it at the birthday party, it was runny in the middle and the texture was all wrong throughout. Can't figure out what happened? Very disappointed ��
With all the positive reviews I was expecting something better. The crust was delicious, but the flavor of the cheesecake was just ok. In my opinion the almond extract was too much. Probably will not make again.