Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This cheesecake is one of the best I have tried. I make this for almost every special family occassion and there are rarely leftovers.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Mix crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, butter and cinnamon; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Blend in sour cream. Pour over crust. Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is set. Run a small knife around the rim of the pan to lossen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Top with cherry pie filling.
- Tips: To cut perfect cheesecake slices, use a wet knife.
- Storage suggestions:
- This will stay fresh up to 3 days in refrigerator and 1 week in freezer. Cover with plastic wrap or a cake box with a lid.
This was the best cheesecake recipe I've ever tried. Made it for my boyfriends 30th b-day and it was a big hit :) This is the only cheesecake I've ever made that hasn't cracked. I baked it as directed but with a shallow pan of water in the oven, when done I turned the oven off and let it cool 2hrs with oven door cracked before moving it to fridge. I used a different topping than cherry pie filling. I drizzled the top with melted seedless black raspberry jam and chocolate and topped it with chocolate dipped strawberries and it was delicious and beautiful too!!! I posted a pic.Will definetely be making this again, thanks for a great cheesecake recipe!!!
We had this without topping because we actually perfer it like that. Dh was the only one out of four people that wasn't crazy about this. He said he liked his cheesecake creamier. I froze half the cheesecake so that I could try it at a later date. That date came today and it is delicious! Sometimes them hubbies don't know what they are talkin' about! Thank you Windy City Girl for a wonderful NY cheesecake!