Recipe by Ingrid S
I make this for potlucks at work, but I generally add a bag of mini chocolate chips - not listed. It's been described as "better than sex"!!
Top Review by nitko
Great cake! Iâ€™ve used some Croatian types of cheese, so Iâ€™m not sure if I got it right. It tastes as Iâ€™ve got it! I used fresh farmer cheese Iâ€™ve bought at the open market from peasants. I wasnâ€™t sure about measurement (we use metrical system), but it was OK. I havenâ€™t got chocolate so I used raisins soaked in rum. Very good. I also separated yolks and white. I made â€œsnowâ€� from egg white and put it just before baking. It cracked at the top but not too much. Maybe our cheese has more fat? Anyway, great cake, thanks!
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 lb butter (real)
Directions See How It's Made
- grease sides of a 10" spring form pan.
- cream together ricotta and cream cheese.
- add sugar and eggs.
- beat until smooth.
- add lemon juice, vanilla and mix.
- add flour and cornstarch and mix.
- melt butter,.
- add butter and sour cream.
- mix until smooth.
- If you're adding chocolate chips, stir them in now with a spoon.
- pour into pan and back at 325 for one hour.
- turn off over, and leave cake in oven for another half hour.
- If anyone finds the miracle of how to keep the top from cracking, let me know!