Recipe by Cristina Barry
Great, light, delicate cheesecake. Cheesecake includes a chocolate crust. For presentation, I drizzled Kittencal's Deluxe Chocolate Sauce/Syrup, whipped cream, sliced strawberries and raspberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix vanilla wafers, sugar and cocoa powder with melted butter.
- Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Blend in half & half, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled off, chill in the fridge, best if you leave it overnight.
- To prevent the cheesecake from cracking, follow the enclosed tips (from www.allrecipes.com) -
- Make sure that your ingredients are around room temperature, not cold, otherwise your batter will be lumpy.
- Wrap your springform pan with 2 layers of aluminum foil to prevent water in the bain marie (water bath) from seeping inches
- Place your springform pan in a water bath in the oven, filled with 1 inch of very hot water, then proceed to bake as instructed in the recipe.
- Right after baking, run a warm or greased knife around the rim of the cake to prevent cracking while cooling.