Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my Mom's Recipe for Cheesecake this is the best cheesecake I ever ate. It is a heavier cake.
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1 lb small curd cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint sour cream
- Grease 1 9-inch spring form pan.
- Dust with graham cracker crumbs.
- Sieve cottage cheese into large mixing bowl. Add softened cream cheese, beat at high speed until well blended and creamy. Still beating add sugar, then eggs. Reduce speed to low add cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add melted butter and sour cream, beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 325-degree oven about 1hour and 10 minutes or until firm around edges. Turn off oven. Let stand in oven for 2 hours. Remove to wire racks and let cool.
- Chill and then remove the sides of the spring pan and serve.