Recipe by shutterbug 6987
This is a recipe I get alot of requests for. I love it because it's so rich and creamy. My sister-in-law cons me into making her one every Christmas! I got it from the back of a box of graham cracker crumbs.
Top Review by sprue
this was so yummy, and creamy and delicious. i actually made it into cupcake sizes for a class but yum yum and it has 1 less cup of sugar than my other favorite cheesecake recipe so i will be switching this to my favorite one now!! i used lowfat dairy products too and it turned out perfect. the only change i made was i omitted the sugar in the crust.. crackers are sweet enough. thanks for my new cheesecake staple recipe!
- 1 7⁄8 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl,combine graham cracker crumbs,butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar.Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.Press remaining mixture on bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Chill in freezer while preparing filling.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and light. Beat in eggs, vanilla and cornstarch, just until blended.Stir in sour cream.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 200 degrees F and bake 45 minutes.
- Turn oven off;allow to cool with the door opened slightly, for 3 hours.
- Remove sides from pan; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Makes 12 servings.