Cook1 hr 20 mins
This is an excellent 'basic' cheesecake. We have topped it with both cherry pie filling and fudge sauce, both were very good but the cheesecake was noteworthy in its own right too.
- MIX crumbs, 3 Tbls sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- MIX cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Do not over mix!
- Blend in sour cream.
- Pour over crust.
- BAKE 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with cherry pie filling and garnish, if desired.