1/1 Photo of New Year's Pretzels
2 hrs 54 mins
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk and butter until very warm (120-130 degrees F.).
- 2Mix yeast, salt, sugar, and 1 cup flour.
- 3Slowly beat into warm milk.
- 4Beat for 2 minutes.
- 5Add eggs and 1 cup of flour.
- 6Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- 7Add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- 8Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 9Place dough in a greased bowl.
- 10Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 11Punch dough down and let rise again until doubled. (1 hour more).
- 12Divide dough in half.
- 13Shape pretzel as follows: Roll dough into a rope about 30 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 14Cross the ends leaving a large loop in the center.
- 15Flip loop back onto crossed ends to form a pretzel.
- 16Repeat with remaining dough.
- 17Place pretzels on greased baking sheets.
- 18Let rise 15 minutes more.
- 19Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 20Cool on wire racks.
- 21Mix confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla to form a thin icing.
- 22Spread icing on pretzels and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Year's Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (930 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2786.0
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 342.1 mg
- Sodium 2994.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 462.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.6 g
- Sugars 111.1 g
- Protein 66.5 g