Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Sangria that I make every year when we have people over for New Year's Eve. I think that it is better than some of the Sangrias I have had at restaurants! (Please also see my "New Year's Eve Red Sangria" as well!)
- Slice the orange and lemon.
- Put the fruit in a pitcher and cover with the rum.
- Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.).
- Add the Gran Marnier, Reisling, Lemon Juice, Vodka, and sugar to the pitcher.
- Add soda up to 2 inches from the top of the pitcher.
- Add the Granny Smith Apple to the pitcher.
- Stir well, pressing the fruit as you stir.
- Serve over ice (with extra soda, if you want).
- Fruit can be used for additional batches, simply cover with rum and continue with step 4.
Reduced this for one serving and had to make a couple sub. but came out great.
This sangria is not for wimps! It certainly packs a punch while tasting quite refreshing. I made it last night for a BBQ I was having and it was enjoyed by all. I made as posted and will make again in the future. Thanks!
Fan-tabulous! I made this just as the recipe states and it's awesome! Be careful though...this one will sneak up on ya!! ;)