Recipe by Dwynnie
This is a Sangria that I make every year when we have people over for New Year's Eve. I think that it is better than some of the Sangrias I have had at restaurants! (Please also see my "New Year's Eve Red Sangria" as well!)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups rum, chilled (clear)
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier, chilled
- 1 (750 ml) bottle riesling wine, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, chilled
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- club soda, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the orange and lemon.
- Put the fruit in a pitcher and cover with the rum.
- Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.).
- Add the Gran Marnier, Reisling, Lemon Juice, Vodka, and sugar to the pitcher.
- Add soda up to 2 inches from the top of the pitcher.
- Add the Granny Smith Apple to the pitcher.
- Stir well, pressing the fruit as you stir.
- Serve over ice (with extra soda, if you want).
- Fruit can be used for additional batches, simply cover with rum and continue with step 4.