Recipe by Sommer_K
I make these black-eyed peas every year for New Year's Eve. This works great if you make a bone-in ham for Christmas. You can just freeze the ham bone and use it when New Year's Eve rolls around. You will end up with pieces of shredded ham in each bite and it is delicious!
- 12 ounces black-eyed peas (dry)
- 8 cups water (see recipe instructions)
- 1 ham bone (with a little bit of ham left on)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper (chopped finely)
- salt and pepper