Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I make these black-eyed peas every year for New Year's Eve. This works great if you make a bone-in ham for Christmas. You can just freeze the ham bone and use it when New Year's Eve rolls around. You will end up with pieces of shredded ham in each bite and it is delicious!
- Place ham bone in a crock pot.
- Cover with black eyed peas.
- Cover with water. (You will need to have about 3 inches of water above the peas).
- Add seasonings and jalapenos.
- Cook on low heat 8-10 hours.