10 hrs 5 mins
I make these black-eyed peas every year for New Year's Eve. This works great if you make a bone-in ham for Christmas. You can just freeze the ham bone and use it when New Year's Eve rolls around. You will end up with pieces of shredded ham in each bite and it is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ham bone in a crock pot.
- 2Cover with black eyed peas.
- 3Cover with water. (You will need to have about 3 inches of water above the peas).
- 4Add seasonings and jalapenos.
- 5Cook on low heat 8-10 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Year's Eve Black-Eyed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: