Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very rich, holiday favorite from years ago. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄4 cups brandy
- nutmeg, for garnish
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until light and lemon colored.
- Beat cream thick; add egg yolk mixture.
- Stir in the brandy (increase or decrease to suit your own taste).
- Fold in egg whites.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.