Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Black-eyed peas for good luck.
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 3⁄4 lb turkey kielbasa, diced and lightly sauteed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In a saucepan (big enough to accomodate the potatoes without crowding), add potatoes, water to cover, and 1 teaspoon salt per quart of water.
- Cover partially and bring to a boil; cook about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced.
- Drain the potatoes in a collander; return potatoes to the warm saucepan and toss them over low heat to dry them.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Put potatoe cubes in a large bowl and sprinkle with the cider vinegar while still warm.
- To make the dressing: in a bowl, whisk the canola oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and Tabasco until well blended.
- To the potatoes add the black-eyed peas, bell peppers, celery, onion, sausage, and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over all and mix gently to coat thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- May serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Right before serving, garnish with radish slices.