Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We really enjoyed this simple to make chili which we had on Jan. 2 instead of on New Year's! Recipe source: local newspaper
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 14.79 ml chili powder (or to suit your taste)
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 793.78 g can tomatoes, crushed with juice
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- fat free sour cream (optional)
- cilantro leaf (optional)
- In a large pot heat the oil and then add the onion, and cook stirring for a few minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in garlic and cook another 30 seconds or so.
- Stir in the turkey and cook for another 5 minutes or until it is no longer pink.
- Stir in peppers and chili powder (I would add more than indicated) and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the black eyed peas, tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- serve topped with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.