Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Absolutely yummy Chicken Alfredo the easy way. I created this for New Year's dinner several years ago and now we have to have it throughout the year! Super easy.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh onion
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (such as Ragu or Prego)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or 1 teaspoon bouillon
- salt & pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta (we prefer egg noodles)
- Melt butter in pan, saute onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Remove from skillet and add chicken to skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and simmer chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- They don't have to actually cook, you just want a nice color.
- Spray a 9x13 pan or casserole dish with non-stick spray, arrange chicken in pan and top with onions and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, combine alfredo sauce, Chardonnay& chicken base and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and serve over cooked pasta.
A quick and easy way to make an elegant dish with not much effort!! The use of commercial alfredo sauce (I used Prego) is a real time-saver. Add the Chardonnay and chicken base and whaa-laa a wonderful dish! Thanks AGAIN Denise H for another great recipe. :-)
I was a little disappointed with this. The chicken was moist, and the wine gave the sauce a wonderful flavor. I did like the way the mushroom and onion saute added to the flavor, as well. The sauce was just too runny. A wine reduction would have left the sauce thicker, but seems like overkill for a recipe that's meant to be simple.