Recipe by Theresa P
This is a recipe request. I have never made this. The story is whoever finds the coin will have a prosperous NEW YEAR!
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce cognac
- 1 orange, juice and grated rind
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add melted butter.
- Add salt and grated orange rind.
- Stir together cognac,orange juice and baking powder; add this to the butter mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Alternately fold in flour and beaten egg whites to the butter mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Push a coin, tightly wrapped in foil, into the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.