Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Southern Living; may serve over rice
Make and share this New Year’s Lucky Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- chopped tomato
- sliced green onion
- pepper sauce
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan; stir/saute onion over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in ham and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas and the next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil; decrease heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes; adjust seasoning to taste with salt/pepper.
- Serve topped with chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, and pepper sauce.