Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe courtesy of petplace.com
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried apple chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together honey, water, applesauce, vanilla and egg.
- Add flour, apple chips, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix thoroughly, scraping sides and bottom of bowl to be sure no dry mixture is left.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans so that each cup is three-quarters full and bake for approximately 1 hour until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.