Recipe by TasteTester
We tried this slow-cooker recipe last week and it was outstanding. It has a long list of ingredients, but since it is a prize-winning recipe, I went ahead and made it, and I'm glad I did!
Top Review by Nicole F.
This was delicious! I used a gold nugget squash and ground turkey because I happened to have them already. Definitely had a very fresh and delicate taste. This may become my go-to chili.
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup peeled seeded and cubed butternut squash or 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 4 ounces jalapeno monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine turkey, undrained tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, squash, onion, 12/cup of the chicken broth, corn, cranberries, jalapeno pepper, chili powder and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours, or on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours. If desired, stir in additional broth to reach desired consistency. Stir in spinach just before serving. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.