Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful recipe from Southern Living.
Make and share this New Wave Waldorf Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 Red Delicious apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 pear, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 stalk celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over fruit mixture, and toss gently.
- Stir in golden raisins and celery; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, honey, and orange rind, stirring well.
- Stir 1/4 cup yogurt mixture into fruit mixture.
- Spoon salad into a serving bowl.
- Garnish is desired.
- Serve with remaining dressing.
This is much better than the traditional Waldorf salad! I doubled the recipe and used 2 containers of Greek yogurt, one honey and one vanilla then didn't add the honey. Delicious, thank you!
This recipe was exceptionally good. I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain and lemon peal instead of orange rind. It worked very well.
This is delicious! I made only one change--I used non-fat yogurt which reduced the calories even further (to about 88 per serving) and almost all the fat (just the trace fat in the fruit). It makes a lovely bowl of salad and the dressing is so rich tasting that one doesn't realize how healthy this dish really is.