Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
No lima beans in this one! From the Akron Beacon Journal.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 4 slices bacon
- 5 ears corn
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Wash and trim beans and cut on the bias into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
- Bring 1-inch of water to boil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add beans, cover and cook for 4 minutes, until bright green and almost tender.
- Drain and set beans aside.
- In same skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Drain off all but 1 T grease in skillet.
- While bacon cooks, cut corn off cob.
- Cut tomato in half horizontally and gently squeeze out seeds and pulp; dice.
- Heat butter in the same skillet with bacon grease over high heat.
- Stir-fry corn, beans, and tomato until corn is cooked, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in sage, thyme, salt, and pepper.