I had never heard of sweet potato cobbler before, so I just had to share this recipe. I found this in a regional magazine. I think I'll try this one during the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a dutch oven, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until almost tender.
- 3Remove the sweet potatoes from the water and place in a deep baking dish.
- 4Pour the remaining liquid from the dutch oven over the sweet potatoes in the baking dish.
- 5Combine sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice.
- 6Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- 7Dot top of potatoes with butter.
- 8Cover potatoes with the pie crust and pinch all edges.
- 9Cut slits in the top of the crust.
- 10Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake 15-20 additional minutes.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Sweet Potato Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g