Just found this recipe in my new Southern Living Magazine. It was sent in my Jim Early from Winston-Salem, NC. He says this recipe can easily be cut in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (7 ounce) jars diced pimentos, drained (see note)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained (chopped if whole)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, slices drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- assorted crackers or bread, slices
- 1Process first 2 ingredients, in batches in food processor for 45 seconds or until well blended.
- 2Add pimento and next 4 ingredients and pulse 5 to 6 times or to desired consistency.
- 3Cover and chill up to1 day.
- 4Serve with crackers or bread slices.
- 5Note: You may want to start with just one jar and see if you feel you need to add the second one.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New South Jalapeno Pimiento Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (1579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.0
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1552.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.2 g