Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just found this recipe in my new Southern Living Magazine. It was sent in my Jim Early from Winston-Salem, NC. He says this recipe can easily be cut in half.
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (7 ounce) jars diced pimentos, drained (see note)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained (chopped if whole)
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, slices drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- assorted crackers or bread, slices
- Process first 2 ingredients, in batches in food processor for 45 seconds or until well blended.
- Add pimento and next 4 ingredients and pulse 5 to 6 times or to desired consistency.
- Cover and chill up to1 day.
- Serve with crackers or bread slices.
- Note: You may want to start with just one jar and see if you feel you need to add the second one.
I made this last night, and it just wasn't what I'd hoped. I'd have preferred a creamier texture and maybe use 2 blocks milk cheese and only 1 block sharp cheese. Pimientos need to be decreased (for me), one 7 ounce jar is plenty. Will not make this again.