Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
from Giants Christmas 1999. A bit of a twist on the regular using Kiwi fruit and Ruby Red Grapefruit.
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and cut
- 2 small ruby red grapefruits, cut into bites
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, broken coursely
- flaked coconut, garnish
- maraschino cherry, garnish
- mint, fresh
- Note: cut oranges into bite size. Remove the pith. Leave the outer membrane on the grapefruit. Keep only the juice of the lemons.
- Divide all into 2 portions. Place half the fruit in the bowl.
- Sprinkle juice, coconut and pecans on top. Layer the rest of the fruit, coconut and pecans.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours up to 24 hours before serving. Sprinkle the coconut, mint and cherries on top before you serve.
Delicious fruit salad! I modified it just a little because of what I had on hand. Very good and easy to make! Thanks "Greg". lol. Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.