1/1 Photo of "new School" Shoo Fly Pie With Stevia
My mother's traditional Pennsylvania Dutch shoo fly pie recipe...altered a bit by me for the more health-conscious :) I make it with my sweet potato crust and it tastes delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour and stevia together.
- 2Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture has the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir together molasses, hot water, and soda.
- 4Immediately pour 1/3 of molasses mixture into pie shell, then 1/3 of flour mixture.
- 5Repeat twice, ending with the flour crumbs on the top.
- 6Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes (Cover edges of pie shell with foil for the first 20 minutes of baking to prevent over browning).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "new School" Shoo Fly Pie With Stevia
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 181.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: