Recipe by MizzNezz
We can't wait for those lucious little new red potatoes to be ready in our garden so we can fix this great potato salad!!
Top Review by Marjie501
Oh no, a taste for potato salad and no Miracle Whip in the house! Found this recipe and gave it a try. It was very delicious made with mayo. I just added crisp bacon pieces like Grandma used to do.
- 18 small new red potatoes
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop in the new potatoes and reduce to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 min, or until potatoes are done.
- Dice potatoes into a lg bowl (I don't peel them).
- Add onion.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in sm bowl.
- Pour over the potatoes and mix well.
- Best if refrigerated for 1-2 hours.