Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We can't wait for those lucious little new red potatoes to be ready in our garden so we can fix this great potato salad!!
- 18 small new red potatoes
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop in the new potatoes and reduce to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 min, or until potatoes are done.
- Dice potatoes into a lg bowl (I don't peel them).
- Add onion.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in sm bowl.
- Pour over the potatoes and mix well.
- Best if refrigerated for 1-2 hours.
Oh no, a taste for potato salad and no Miracle Whip in the house! Found this recipe and gave it a try. It was very delicious made with mayo. I just added crisp bacon pieces like Grandma used to do.
Reviewing it again after having made it several times. This last time was the best yet after cutting the sugar in half and adding about a teaspoon of horseradish. The flavors need a bit longer to blend and develop, but this is my favorite potato salad recipe ever!
I used a 5 lb bag of red potatoes and added 1/2 cup crumbled bacon. The dressing can also be poured over baked potatoes. It's good cold but we prefer it hot.