Recipe by Manami
Made these yesterday for company but I should have made double the recipe! ;) There were only 4 of us & I only had a little bite!!! Thawing time is not included - however, I have always thawed my puff pastry ahead of time, in the refrigerator (sorry:)) I took poetic license and added my kind of nut (what is available at the time).Found at PepperidgeFarms web site.
- 10 ounces puff pastry shells (already thawed)
- 2 ounces boursin herbed goat cheese (Boursin Lt Garlic & Fine Herbs)
- 4 ounces black pepper boursin cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1⁄4 cup toasted nuts (choose any type of nut, almonds, pine nuts, cashew nuts)
- freshly shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Thaw the pastry shells at room temperature for 30 minutes or until they're easy to handle.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the pastry shells on a lightly floured surface & roll each pastry shell into a 6-inch circle.
- Divide the pastry circles among the prepared baking sheets.
- Top each pastry circle with about 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, if using and 1/4 cup roasted peppers.
- Season with the black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Top the pastries with the arugula leaves, nuts and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes more.