Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006. REGION: New Zealand.
- 15 g butter (1/2 oz) or 15 g margarine (1/2 oz)
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 150 ml sour cream (5 oz)
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 700 g new potatoes (1 1/2 lb)
- Cook the potatoes and keep them warm once they are cooked.
- Melt butter in a pan and saute the onions until they are soft but not brown. Sir in the sour cream, salt & pepper and two of the tarragon sprigs.
- Heat it gently without boiling.
- Add the warm potatoes to the sour cream mixture, coarting them gently in the sauce. Add the remaining two sprigs of tarragon and serve immediately.
Made this for ZWT III. There will never be enough recipe like this one out there that take a few extra simple steps and turn what would be an ordinary side dish into something really fantastic. I love recipes that absolutely transform something like baked potatoes! Thanks so much for posting we'll be enjoying these again.
Very nice, a good new recipe to add to my files. Made it just as directed, no changes. Thanks for posting it. ZWT3
I really liked the green onion and tarragon flavor. The sauce complimented the potatoes very well. I'd like to try it with creme fraiche instead of sour cream, too. Thanks for posting it.