Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Cooking Light magazine. Serve this warm twist on potato salad as a side dish with steak or roast chicken. A serving is 3/4 cup.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 7 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic, and potatoes in a roasting pan or jelly roll pan; toss well to coat. Bake at 400 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until tender, stirring after 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic cloves to extract pulp. Discard skins. Combine garlic pulp, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper, chives, vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add potatoes to bowl; toss well to coat.