Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My brother-in-law's recipe that tastes like it has butter, but doesn't. Yea! He served this on St. Paddy's Day with corned beef and cabbage, but it could go with literally anything. Great side dish!
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
- of fresh mint, chopped very fine (1/2 of the plastic herb package you get in supermarkets)
- 9 -10 garlic cloves, pressed through garlic press
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, boil potatoes until tender (about 25-30 minutes). Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add mint, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve immediately.
- Note: If you're serving this with a bland meal, like corned beef and cabbage, you'll want this pretty salty to offset the blandness of the other foods. When serving with a spicy/salty dish, lessen the amount of salt.
What a delightful change for potatoes-we enjoyed this recipe very much and did not miss the butter or oil!!! I followed recipe exactly and served w/ strip steaks-Recipe #117565 and Recipe #50847. Thanks so much for sharing!