Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Cooking From Quilt Country.
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- Peel a 1 inch band around the middle of the potatoe (optional).
- Boil potatoes, until tender, about 20-25
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil-but do not allow the butter to brown.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a shallow serving dish.
- Pour the hot butter sauce over all.
- Serve immediately.