Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simply delightful sidedish that is good enough for company.
- 3 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons parsley or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- Scrub potatoes.
- Pare a thin strip of skin about 1/2" wide around centre of each potato.
- Add boiling water to a depth of 2 inches, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil gently for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain off water.
- Return to heat for a short time to dry them off.
- Melt butter.
- Stir in lemon juice, chives, and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Pour over potatoes, turning them to coat with the butter.
Made these for a late evening Valentine's Day dinner with DH; put them on to biol while I put baby DS to sleep. These were quick and easy to make, looked fancy and weren't overly flavored. They had a light lemon flavor. Did add a little salt to the finished product; may add a few onions next time too. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Feb 2010.
Very Good. We really enjoyed the lemon and chive flavor. We decreased the amount of butter the second time around (1/4 to 1/3 cup). It didn't make a difference in the taste, but made them a little more healthy. Just writing this post makes me hungry...Maybe we should heve them for dinner again.
Thanks so much for sharing MaeEast. We really enjoyed these tasty little potatoes. The mild lemon, butter and chive flavour goes perfectly with meat and seafood dishes making this the perfect side dish for me.