Recipe by cuisinebymae
A simply delightful sidedish that is good enough for company.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made these for a late evening Valentine's Day dinner with DH; put them on to biol while I put baby DS to sleep. These were quick and easy to make, looked fancy and weren't overly flavored. They had a light lemon flavor. Did add a little salt to the finished product; may add a few onions next time too. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Feb 2010.
- 3 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons parsley or 1 tablespoon dried chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes.
- Pare a thin strip of skin about 1/2" wide around centre of each potato.
- Add boiling water to a depth of 2 inches, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil gently for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain off water.
- Return to heat for a short time to dry them off.
- Melt butter.
- Stir in lemon juice, chives, and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Pour over potatoes, turning them to coat with the butter.