1/3 Photos of New Potatoes With Herbes De Provence, Lemon and Coarse Salt
Herbs de Provence is a specific combination generally consisting of rosemary, thyme, basil, savory, chervil, mint, marjoram, oregano, and sometimes lavender. If you do not have some on hand, simply use dried rosemary; it's a safe bet. Try to buy new potatoes that are 1 1/2" in diameter for this dish. If they are much bigger, cut in half before boiling. From The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes in a large sauce pan or medium stockpot with salted water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes, depending on size.
- 3Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- 4In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the herbs de Provence, and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 seconds.
- 6Add drained potatoes, coarse salt, and lemon juice; stir well to coat.
- 7Cook tossing and stirring constantly, until the potatoes are heated through, 1- 2 minutes.
- 8Season with pepper to taste.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10For advance Preparation: You can boil the potatoes and let them stand for up to one hour at room temperature before completing the recipe.
- 11Or, you can refrigerate the boiled potatoes overnight.
- 12Bring them to room temperature and finish the recipe.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Potatoes With Herbes De Provence, Lemon and Coarse Salt
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence