Herbs de Provence is a specific combination generally consisting of rosemary, thyme, basil, savory, chervil, mint, marjoram, oregano, and sometimes lavender. If you do not have some on hand, simply use dried rosemary; it's a safe bet. Try to buy new potatoes that are 1 1/2" in diameter for this dish. If they are much bigger, cut in half before boiling. From The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen.
- Place the potatoes in a large sauce pan or medium stockpot with salted water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes, depending on size.
- Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the herbs de Provence, and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 seconds.
- Add drained potatoes, coarse salt, and lemon juice; stir well to coat.
- Cook tossing and stirring constantly, until the potatoes are heated through, 1- 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- For advance Preparation: You can boil the potatoes and let them stand for up to one hour at room temperature before completing the recipe.
- Or, you can refrigerate the boiled potatoes overnight.
- Bring them to room temperature and finish the recipe.