Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very popular in Australia when new potatoes are available.
- 1 kg tiny new potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring the potatoes to the boil in enough lightly salted water to cover.
- Turn the heat to a very low simmer and cook until fork tender. This could take 30 minutes.
- Drain and add the butter, mint, garlic and salt and pepper to the pot. With the lid on, toss gently to cover the potatoes with the seasoned butter.
- Use parsley if you don't have or like mint, or use a mix of both if you wish.
These were very good potatoes. I used a mix of mint and parsley since my aerogarden didn't have enough mint yet. I especially loved the garlic in these which I allowed to heat up in them a bit at the end to get rid of that raw garlic taste. Very simple too!