Recipe by COOKGIRl
This'll clear your air passages! From Vegetarian Times. Okay to use prepared horseradish but fresh horseradish root is highly recommended with this recipe if you want to experience the experience.
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes, unpeeled
- 3⁄4 cup tofu sour cream or 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- fresh horseradish root (about 3-inch piece)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- white pepper
- fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: original recipe also suggested 3/4 cup soft tofu instead of yogurt. Personally, I prefer the tofu sour cream.
- In a large stock pot, gently steam the potatoes until fork tender; approximately 20 minutes.
- Peel and grate the horseradish root. Stir together the horseradish root, sugar, salt, and white pepper in a small bowl.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes to a serving bowl and gently toss with the yogurt mixture.
- Adjust seasoning. Garnish with fresh chives. Serve hot.