Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried this dish yet, but am saving it here to try later. This is the most requestsed recipe from La Casa Sena in Santa Fe by Executive chef Kelly Rogers. Sounds yummy.
- 907.18 g red potatoes, small
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, cut diagonally 1/4-inch by 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallion, 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml pickled ginger, chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- Prepare grill or preheat oven to 450.
- In a large saucepan simmer potatoes in water to cover by 1-inch 15 minutes, or until they are cooked but still firm.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and cut into quarters.
- In a bowl toss potatoes with 1tablespoon oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make Chipotle Myaonnaise:.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a blender blend mayonnaise, chipotles, and cumin until chipotles are finely chopped.
- Grill potatoes on a rack set 5-6 inches over glowing coals 5 mintes, or until lightly charred, or arrange in a shallow baking pan and roast in middle of oven 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Return potatoes to bowl.
- In a large skillet heat remaining tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and saute celery, scallions, and bell pepper, with garlic, stirring occasionally, until browned but still slightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- To potatoes add chipotle mayonnaise, pickled ginger, vegetables, and salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- Serve potatoes warm or at room temperature.
What a sensational side dish! This packs some heat. It's nice and spicy, just the way we like it! I cut the recipe in half and it made enough for 4 people. So we get leftovers. Every once in a while you get a surprise by tasting the ginger. I served it warm and used the oven method only because I didn't want to start up the grill. Thanks for posting. :)