Recipe by JanetB-KY
This is sooo tasty! Great way to use summers yield of fresh basil. I know I have trouble coming up with ways to use it other than the obvious and this recipe is a good way to do so. You can also just use sliced regular potatoes. This recipe originally came from a southern living cookbook
Top Review by Tammy & Scott Saunders
Yum! I made this tonight and used Garlic Chives and fresh Basil from my herb garden. Instead of the whipping cream I used Fat Free Half & Half and it turned out great! Thanks for a great recipe (and a way to use some of that Basil I'm growing)
- 2 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots (chives work well too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain, cover and put aside to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Combine wine and shallots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil and cook for one minute.
- Add whipping cream; return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in basil, salt and pepper; spoon sauce over potatoes and serve immediately.