Recipe by Rita~
A Tapas recipe. Serve with toothpicks.
Top Review by Syrinx
We really liked this recipe (although my arm aches from all the pounding!), but the large quantity of smoked paprika gave it a slightly odd, almost metallic flavour. It was excellent when served as part of a tapas selection. We found that the potato-in-sauce combination went particularly well with a soft goat's cheese, for example. And it was fabulous when eaten in conjunction with Recipe #10349. Next time, I might reduce the amount of smoked paprika - however, the wonderful combination with sweet onions makes me wonder whether I should have used a sweet sherry instead of a fino, and I think this might be worth a try instead of cutting back on the paprika. The recipe didn't state what sort was needed, and having tried it, I think sweet or cream sherry is definitely the way to go. Thanks for a good recipe.
- 1 lb new potato
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 dried red chilies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam potatoes over boiling water till tender about 30 minutes.
- Place garlic, chilies, paprika, and sherry in a mortar and pestle and make a paste.
- Add oil slowly while grinding to work it into the paste.
- Serve potatoes on a warm serving dish with sauce in a boat to dip the potatoes in to.