Recipe by Paris D
This comes from cooks.com. It is absolutely luscious.
Top Review by twissis
Made as written for ZWT-8 & a fellow Chef Gone Wild, I knew these potatoes were not something I would make for our routine day-to-day dining. BUT I wanted a new & spec potato dish I could proudly serve to guests. These potatoes are special - rich, flavorful & definitely company-worthy. They should be the star of a meal & not be served when another sauce is a part of the menu. Meat from the grill seems like the ideal pairing. Oven temp & cook time were spot-on, but I would suggest tenting the top of the baking dish w/foil for the 1st 20 min (or so) of the cook time. Mine were a tad dark on top in spots. Thx for sharing this great recipe w/us. :-)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled and small
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes, dried
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cream and crumbled blue cheese in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Stir constantly until cheese has melted, smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges and arrange wedges in pan.
- Salt and pepper the potatoes lightly.
- Pour cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle rosemary and parsley flakes over potatoes and cream mixture.
- Bake potatoes until a golden crust has formed on top and potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 40-45 minutes.