Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
New potatoes will be available soon. Do use new potatoes rather than waxy reds. A package of frozen spinach can be substituted for the green peas - 12 to 19 ounces are fine. Adapted from Taste of Thai. spinach for the peas. Garnish with cilantro.
- Heat the oil in a 2 quart pot. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger until slightly golden & fragrant but not dark.
- Add cumin seed, salt and turmeric. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes more or until the cumin seeds are fragrant.
- Add potatoes. Toss until coated with spices.
- Stir in Coconut Milk. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender but still hold their shape.
- Gently mix in the peas and tomatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Garnish with cilantro.