Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
bit like a warm potato salad.
- 12 small new potatoes, scrubbed (about 750g)
For the sauce
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 big garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 78.07 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil covered, over a medium high heat. Reduce to medium and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, anchovies and onions; stir until the anchovies form a paste texture-about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to very low and add the sour cream, yogurt and parsley. Stir continuously until heated through. Do not boil.
- Place the potatoes in a warm serving bowl and pour the sauce over to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe and it abundance of anchovies had my name written all over it. Made pretty much as written, using half a small red onion (no green onions on hand) and Greek yogurt. The flavour is fabulous and the crowd has already requested a repeat appearance. If I make any change it will be to use 12 anchovies. Thanks so much for posting this.