Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a change, try this with fingerling potatoes --or-- red, purple and white small potatoes --or-- use some of the sun dried tomato oil in exchange for the olive oil
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or up to 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Boil potatoes until tender and reserve 1 T potato water.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and toss with basil, sundried tomatoes and cheese.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This was terrific. I had bought potatoes from the Farmers Market and wanted something fun to do with them. Didn't have Dijon mustard - used spicy brown. Also, just put the basis, tomato (mine were homemade oven dried) and parmesan cheese in my food processor and mixed it all together. It was almost pesto-like. Everyone loved it.
These were delicious! I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes on hand, so I just omitted them, and it didn't make a bit of difference. I added a little sugar to the vinagret. I will definitely make this again! I bet it is just as good cold. Thanks!