Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A rustic dish with a satisfying feel. Please use undyed haddock as the yellow stuff is just plain skeevy. Serve with green beans and toasted baguette or sourdough.
- 500 g new potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
- 300 g smoked haddock, skinned
- 1 pint whole milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chives, snipped
- If potatoes are on the big side, cut them in half. Boil the potatoes and whole garlic in salted water for 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl and crush with a potato masher or a fork.
- Place the smoked haddock fillet in a skillet and cover with whole milk. Bring to a heavy simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until haddock flakes. Reserve milk.
- Flake haddock into potato mixture and add 2 Tbsp of the poaching milk and the olive oil. Mix well, but keep the texture.
- Serve topped with snipped chives.