A new healthy take on this classic summer salad, using a lighter mustard dressing instead of mayonnaise. A heavy mayo-based dressing is replaced with a light but punchy lemon, mustard and herb one. The potato skins are left on for a slower release of energy. Olive magazine 2011.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs new potatoes, well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 lemon, finely grated zest
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1Put the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain in a colander under running water until cooled, then leave until cold.
- 2For the dressing, whisk the mustards, honey and juice in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in 2 tbsp olive oil, until emulsified and glossy.
- 3Cut the potatoes in half and put in the bowl with the dressing. Add the herbs and lemon zest. Season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and a good pinch of salt, then toss well.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New-Potato Salad With Herb & Lemon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard