Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A new healthy take on this classic summer salad, using a lighter mustard dressing instead of mayonnaise. A heavy mayo-based dressing is replaced with a light but punchy lemon, mustard and herb one. The potato skins are left on for a slower release of energy. Olive magazine 2011.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs new potatoes, well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 lemon, finely grated zest
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon clear honey or 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- Put the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain in a colander under running water until cooled, then leave until cold.
- For the dressing, whisk the mustards, honey and juice in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in 2 tbsp olive oil, until emulsified and glossy.
- Cut the potatoes in half and put in the bowl with the dressing. Add the herbs and lemon zest. Season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and a good pinch of salt, then toss well.