Created for Craze-E Salad Contest; sub category is --Picnic Salad at the Park. This is a happy marriage of two favorite recipes: potato salad and avocado dressing. And of the course, the bacon and hard cooked eggs make it perfect!
- 3 lbs potatoes, new white, cleaned but not peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, flat leaf, leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 dashes fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, hard cooked, peeled and diced
- 4 slices bacon, thick sliced, cooked, cooled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet peas, if frozen then thaw, if fresh, cook until tender but not mushy
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, if desired
- Boil potatoes and cook until fork tender. In meantime prepare dressing by combining avocado, cider, mustard, olive oil, shallot, tarragon, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper in food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Drain and cool potatoes on paper towel lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled potatoes, salad dressing, eggs, bacon, peas and green onions.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.