Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my adopted recipes that I have updated. The recipe comes from EverydayCook.com and makes quite a large bowl of potato salad. With summer picnic's, family reunions, and other special occasions this will be a welcome recipe to have on hand.
- 5 lbs red potatoes, peeled, cubed, cooked
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, chopped (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- Peel, cube, and boil potatoes in large pot of salted water.
- In another pan, boil eggs.
- When both have been cooked through, drain and let cool.
- Peel eggs and chop.
- In large mixing bowl add cooled potatoes, chopped egg, onion, pickles, and celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream and mayonnaise and stir gently to combine being careful not to mash potatoes.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled before serving or overnight.
This was yummy! First time making potato salad. I also added celery pickle juice and pickles no sour cream because I did not have any, turned out wonderfully though.
This is really good!! I did scale the recipe down. I haven't had sour cream in potato salad before. I made it as directed, except I added 2 teaspoons pickle juice to slightly thin the mayo and sour cream, making it easier to stir everything together Plus it enhanced the flavor of the potato salad. I also added about 1/2 teaspoon of your Recipe #327624 in it, giving it a little bit of a kick. Thanks for sharing your recipe Laurielie. Made for PAC Fall '08
Creamy and eggy would be the words to describe this potato salad. The flavor was good, but we weren't crazy about the texture. I like a more solid potato salad. If I made this again I would cut way back on the amount of eggs, sour cream and mayonnaise.