Recipe by bert
I have never found raspberry vinegar that this recipe calls for so I just use the red wine vinegar and it is great, too.
- 3 large chicken breast halves, boned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (plus pinch salt)
- 12 -14 small new potatoes
- 2 cups cored and sliced radicchio or 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 cups torn boston lettuce
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups Belgian endive
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded,sliced
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, mustrard
- fresh ground pepper
- toasted walnuts or pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with cornstarch.
- Cook in hot oil (12" skillet) and season with pepper, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Reserve pan and drippings.
- Cook potatoes until soft.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into quarters.
- Reheat reserved pan and add potatoes.
- Cook until nicely browned.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine radicchio and salad greens, tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Slice warm chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Add to salad mixture, along with warm potatoes.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Toss with salad.
- Garnish with nuts.